March 6-8, 2015
Join us on Half Moon Lake Resort with snowbanks as boards, nets 6′ wide and 8″ high to slide the puck into (no slapshots or goalies, just skating and passing) 5 games for each team plus qualifying teams move on to Sunday Finals!
What do you play for? Money? Nope! FUN & PRIDE!…and the coveted Half Moon Cup to hoist over your head!
No matter if you have played in the NHL, AHL or local House league there is a division for everyone’s skill level and most importantly FUN level for both men and women. Bring out the entire family for to experience winter at its best. We will host a Winter Bonfire and smokey roast each nite, and (weather permitting) Ice Carving and igloo building. Not to mention great access to sledding, skiing trails and pond shinney for the kids!
Let's make it the most winter fun you can have in 3 days!
- Games consist of 2 15-minute halves. An off-ice Volunteer will monitor each game
- 4 players on ice - 2 substitue for a total of 6 players
- No goaltenders
- Guaranteed 4 game minimum!
- Games start at the sound of the siren/horn. Any teams late for games will be penalized 1 goal for each minute late.
- After 5 minutes the late team will forfeit the game with a 10-0 score awarded to the opponent.
- In the Championships we are looking for the teams to self manage their games and to assist the Pond Volunteer with ensuring good play and excellent sportsmanship.
THE ICE SURFACE
Half Moon Lake!
- Rinks measure approximately 130ft x 65 ft
- Surface will be scraped between games if needed
- Nets are 8" tall and 6 feet wide